What is DHI Hair Transplantation?
It is a DHI hair transplantation technique which is also called direct hair transplantation. As in FUE method, it contains the process of hair transplantation of hair follicles to be used with the help of special pens.
The DHI technique is not a new method of hair transplantation. It is a technique applied and developed in FUE method. It is preferred by many experts because it is an effective technique and can be applied in a short time. Specifically produced DHI pens also play a major role in the choice of technique.
How is DHI Hair Transplantation Done?
Hair transplantation methods are basically followed by three stages. These stages are:
- The collection of grafts, i.e. hair which is located behind the head that never shed,
- Opening a channel in the area where hair transplantation will be performed and
- Planting of the grafts to the head.
In DHI technique, except for grooving, other operations are applied in order.
In DHI technique:
- The areas where donor hair will be taken are numbed with the help of local anaesthesia. Donor hair is first loosened with a special device and then collected.
- The graft hair follicles contain some tissues during separation and these tissues are separated and eventually the grafts are made ready.
- Hair follicles prepared are placed in medical pencils called “implanter” which are specifically designed for DHI hair transplantation.
- “Implanter” and the attending physician carefully place the grafts into the head area. This pen which has a superfine tip should be used with an accurate angle. Therefore, experienced specialists should apply this technique.
Procedures mentioned above are implemented.
What Should Be Done After DHI Hair Transplantation?
Hair loss occurs for some reason. These reasons include:
- The body cannot synthesize sufficient amount of the substance called “keratin” which feeds hair follicles due to unbalanced and irregular nutrition,
- Extreme stress and harmful habits,
- Irregular hair care.
After transplantation, during the regeneration of hair that has been lost due to various reasons, it is necessary to pay attention to some points. The recovery process after hair transplantation is approximately 1 year.
Small-scale bleeding may occur in the regions where planting is performed for the first 3 days. This is perfectly normal. Antibiotics and similar medicines given by the doctor should be used for the first 5 days. Alcohol and smoking should not be used for 1 year.
It is necessary to pay attention to the diet and proper intake of the nutrients necessary for the body.